Firefighters tackle washing machine blaze in Jarrow home
On Tuesday, January 14, at around 8.25am, two crews from South Shields Community Fire Station were called out to reports of a fire at a house in Jarrow.
Firefighters headed to the scene where they found that a washing machine had caught fire in the property on Coventry Way.
A spokesperson for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue service told the Gazette: “The washing machine was 50% severely damaged by fire, and the kitchen was 100% lightly smoke damaged.”
The service has confirmed that the likely cause of the blaze is due to an electrical fault with the appliance.
Thankfully, no one has been reported seriously injured as a result of the incident.
The fire was extinguished quickly and crews began to leave the scene by around 8.36am.