Emergency gas repair work taking place in Hebburn - drivers warned of changes

Drivers and households are being warned after teams were scrambled to deal with a gas leak.

Northern Gas Networks said a leak had been identified in Victoria Road West, outside Hebburn Community Fire Station.

The company, which delivers gas to homes across the North of England, said the location of the gas main in the road meant workers have temporarily disconnected the four-way traffic lights at the site and replaced them temporary traffic lights.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The company said gas engineers are working to carry out the repair as quickly as possible will keep the public updated.

Victoria Road West, Hebburn

Andy Coates, Site manager at Northern Gas Networks, said: “The safety of our customers and engineers is our number one priority, and erecting temporary traffic lights is essential in ensuring the public and our workforce stay safe at all times.

“We would like to thank customers for their patience at this time and apologise for any inconvenience experienced. We will keep businesses and road users updated throughout the work.”

Read More
The South Shields boy with spina bifida who defied the odds and walked: Meet Car...

For further information about the project please contact NGN’s Customer Care Team on 0800 040 7766 or email: [email protected]

Anyone that smells gas or suspects carbon monoxide should call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999. This line is in operation 24-hours a day, seven days a week.