Data specialist predicts weekend Premier League results - including Aston Villa v Newcastle United

The Premier is back after the international break, and Newcastle United are travelling to Birmingham to face Aston Villa on Monday night in front of the Sky Sports cameras.
The weekend's results predictedThe weekend's results predicted
The weekend's results predicted

Newcastle United are tasked with another away game for Monday Night Football, and Steve Bruce will be looking to mastermind a win against newly-promoted Villa. Aston Villa are of course Bruce’s former club, and he will be hoping for a happy return to the West Midlands. Other notable games this weekend include Manchester City v Chelsea, and Sheffield United v Manchester United.

FiveThirtyEight use a statistical model to predict Premier League results, check out their verdict on the weekend’s action below:

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

West Ham v Spurs (Saturday 12:30pm kick-off) – West Ham win (26% chance), Spurs win (51% chance), Draw (22% chance).

Jose Mourinho’s debut in the Spurs dugout will be a highlight of the weekend, and he is backed to claim the win at the London Stadium.

Arsenal v Southampton (Saturday 3pm kick-off) – Arsenal win (61% chance), Southampton win (19% chance), Draw (21% chance).

Unai Emery is tipped for a victory that he desperately needs.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Brighton v Leicester City (Saturday 3pm kick-off) – Brighton win (26% chance), Leicester City win (48% chance), (26% chance).

Leicester are flying at the moment and look likely to win again at the Amex.

Watford v Burnley (Saturday 3pm kick-off) – Watford win (45% chance), Burnley win (29% chance), Draw (26% chance).

Watford are expected to win as they face former manager Sean Dyche.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Crystal Palace v Liverpool (Saturday 3pm kick-off) – Crystal Palace win (11% chance), Liverpool win (72% chance), Draw (17% chance).

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Liverpool are overwhelming favourites.

Bournemouth v Wolves (Saturday 3pm kick-off) – Bournemouth win (44% chance), Wolves win (30% chance), Draw (27% chance).

The Cherries are back to win on their own patch.

Everton v Norwich City (Saturday 3pm kick-off) – Everton win (65% chance), Norwich City (14% chance), Draw (21%).

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The Canaries are given little hope on their trip to Merseyside.

Manchester City v Chelsea (Saturday 5:30pm kick-off) – Manchester City win (68% chance), Chelsea win (15% chance), Draw (18% chance).

Chelsea have been impressive this season yet are given a slim chance of victory at the Etihad.

Sheffield United v Manchester United (Sunday 4:30pm kick-off) – Sheffield United win (28% chance), Manchester United win (44% chance), Draw (28%).

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Manchester United are backed for the win at Bramall Lane, but the Blades are used to making a mockery of predictions.

Aston Villa v Newcastle United (Monday 8:00pm kick-off) – Aston Villa win (47% chance), Newcastle United win (26% chance), Draw (26% chance).

Aston Villa are backed to take three points on Monday night.