Deadline Day LIVE: Fringe Newcastle United players look set to stay but Rolando Aarons exit nears
It’s Deadline Day once again – and for Newcastle United the focus is on outgoings.
With Steve Bruce having built his squad ahead of the new Premier League campaign, the focus is now on securing moves for some of the fringe players whose opportunities have become limited.
And several such players could be on the move today – with Championship clubs thought to be interested.
But will the deals beat the clock? Stick with us throughout the day as we bring you the latest from St James’s Park:
Deadline Day LIVE: Transfer news and rumours from Newcastle United
Last updated: Friday, 16 October, 2020, 16:25
- It’s transfer deadline day, with the window set to close at 5pm.
- Newcastle’s focus will be on outgoings - with Rolando Aarons and Christian Atsu possibly on the move
- Steve Bruce will also hold his weekly press conference today
Rolando Aarons set for exit?
According to Yorkshire Live, the winger is in Huddersfield and looks set to sign for the Terriers before the 5pm deadline.
Aarons is understood to be in Huddersfield and with talks at an advanced stage a deal is hopeful.
NO Harry Maguire for Manchester United tomorrow - but Steve Bruce still expecting a tough test!
Injury update - and it’s good news for NUFC!
Newcastle United trio in line for u23 action on Monday v Fulham
Everything Steve Bruce said in his Manchester United press conference
One BIG piece of business has already been done this week!
Aarons set for late move?
Newcastle United forgotten man Rolando Aarons looks set to be offered a Championship escape route before the end of the domestic transfer window.
At 5pm today the transfer window slams shut and with Aarons cut adrift by Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce, the winger must find a new club – if he wants to get games between now and January.
And, according to the Daily Mail, the 24-year-old could make a move to Huddersfield Town.
The report claims the Terriers are in talks with United to broker a deal for the wideman, whose current Newcastle deal comes to an end in June.
A few Deadline Day reminders...
- The transfer window will close at 5pm this evening
- New signings must be registered by Noon to be eligible for tomorrow’s fixtures
- Clubs can have an extra two hours to seal deals if they submit a Deal Sheet by 3pm
- Free agents can be signed outside the window - providing they became a free agent before the window closes
Here we are again… Deadline Day!
While Newcastle are unlikely to be bringing any new faces in today, they could be busy when it comes to outgoings - with a host of fringe players potentially on the move.
We’ll bring you the latest throughout the day…