Newcastle United add almost 10,000 new season-ticket holders in 24 hours

Newcastle United have added almost 10,000 new season-ticket holders in the space of 24 hours.

Wednesday, 11th December 2019, 12:36 pm
Updated Wednesday, 11th December 2019, 12:46 pm

Managing director Lee Charnley said: “We want to move forward together. I hope this gesture is another step towards achieving that.”

The club has now closed the online application portal after almost 10,000 tickets were snapped up. Remaining family tickets are available over the phone.

St James's Park.

Newcastle's move was criticised by fan group Toon for Change, which has previously backed boycotts as a means of protesting against owner Mike Ashley. In a statement, they said: “We encourage season ticket holders to claim their free half-season ticket and leave the seat empty.”