African rivers, Stranger Things and Tinkerbell the chihuahua: your 11 weekend quiz questions
Here is your latest 11 quiz questions to try. Have a go with family and friends, but don’t forget to share them online, then bicker.
The answers are below the 11 questions, but there’s no cheating mind. Good luck and if you missed last weekend’s quiz, try it by clicking here.
1. The broadcaster Amol Rajan has been announced as the next host of which quiz show?
2. Who has been the Conservative MP for South West Norfolk since 2010?
3. Who wrote the 1977 children’s book Fungus the Bogeyman?
4. Who starred in the 1991 film Edward Scissorhands and the television show Stranger Things?
5. Who was born in a village called Shaoshan in China’s Hunan province on December 26, 1893?
6. Name either of the two stars of the 2013 ITV sitcom Vicious?
7. Before Queen Victoria, who was the last female monarch of Great Britain?
8. Which is the second longest river in Africa after the Nile?
9. Which musical includes the lyrics: ‘His name is Lancelot; And in tight pants a lot; He likes to dance a lot; You know you do’?
10. Which former Sunderland and Newcastle footballer has managed clubs including Kilmarnock, Huddersfield Town and Blackpool?
11. Which socialite’s chihuahua, Tinkerbell, died tragically at the age of 14 in April 2015?
1. University Challenge 2. Liz Truss 3. Raymond Briggs 4. Wynona Ryder 5. Chairman Mao 6. Derek Jacobi or Ian McKellen 7. Queen Anne 8. The Congo (2,900 miles) 9. Spamalot 10. Lee Clark 11. Paris Hilton’s (Tinkerbell was later described by Miss Hilton as ‘a legend’)